Subject: bug#43708: 26.1; https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/nadvice-0.3.el: Bad Request

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 09:34:29 -0400

Attempting to update packages using `package-list`, the update stalls
with the subject message. 

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-09-23, modified by Debian built on mb-lxc-02
System Description:	Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
You can run the command ‘package-list-packages’ with M-x pa-l- RET
Package refresh done
No packages to upgrade.
Install these 2 packages (google-contacts-20180919.1314, google-20140416.1748)? (y or n) y
Package menu: Operation started [Installing 2]
Saving file /home/pi/.emacs...
Wrote /home/pi/.emacs [2 times]
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
package-install-from-archive: https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/nadvice-0.3.el: Bad Request
current-kill: Kill ring is empty

Configured using:
 'configure --build arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-qhJJFy/emacs-26.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Package Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-schedule hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-schedule
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-complete hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-complete
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-sort hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-sort
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-xact hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-xact
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-mode
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-occur hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-occur
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-fonts hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-fonts
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-navigate hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-navigate
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-exec hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-exec
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-test hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-test
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-commodities hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-commodities
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-init
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-regex hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-regex
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-reconcile hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-reconcile
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-fontify hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-fontify
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-state hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-state
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-report hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-report
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-check hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-check
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-post hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-post
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-texi hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-texi
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-flymake
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-context hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-context
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-xact hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-xact
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-mode
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-navigate hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-navigate
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-test hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-test
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-occur hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-occur
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-regex hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-regex
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-commodities hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-commodities
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-state hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-state
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-pkg hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-pkg
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-exec hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-exec
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-autoloads hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-autoloads
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-report hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-report
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-check hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-check
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-post hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-post
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-texi hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-texi
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-sort hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-sort
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-fontify hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-fontify
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-schedule hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-schedule
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-flymake
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-fonts hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-fonts
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-reconcile hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-reconcile
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-context hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-context
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-init
/home/pi/.emacs.d/elpa/ledger-mode-20200530.1710/ledger-complete hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/ledger-3.1.2/ledger-complete
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail pp cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream
starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg term/xterm xterm time-date elec-pair
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 1267808 182393)
 (symbols 24 28887 2)
 (miscs 20 84 173)
 (strings 16 185612 31171)
 (string-bytes 1 5617467)
 (vectors 12 43284)
 (vector-slots 4 1618375 55700)
 (floats 8 66 523)
 (intervals 28 153495 7659)
 (buffers 536 15))