Subject: Re: bug#43685: xonotic player ID and stats reporting are broken

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:58:18 +0200

Hullo bdju,

bdju via Bug reports for GNU Guix 写道：
> This isn't working. I asked in the #xonotic IRC and it sounds 
> like this
> sometimes happens from a certain file being left out of distro 
> packages.
> "it tends to happen when using linux distro packages that omit
> key_0.d0pk" is the exact quote.

We don't omit the file.  It's in the root of the upstream 
xonotic-0.8.2.zip & is copied to <xonotic-data>/share/xonotic 
which is then symlinked to <xonotic>/share/xonotic:

  λ ls $(guix build xonotic)/share/xonotic
  data/  key_0.d0pk  server/

Perhaps the engine has trouble finding it, or perhaps it's not the 
reason for your missing stats after all.

I'm downloading the (gig of) sources to take a closer look on the 
bus.

> This stats reporting does not seem like a privacy concern, and 
> it's
> optional, so I doubt it was broken on purpose.

Certainly not!

Thanks,

T G-R