Subject: Problem with numerical splitting with files > 90*l

From: ned haughton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:18:01 +1000

When splitting with -d, the numbering screws up after 89:

```
$ wc -l ../lat_lon_full
110324 ../lat_lon_full

$ split -d ../lat_lon_full lat_lon_

$ ls
lat_lon_00  lat_lon_09  lat_lon_18  lat_lon_27  lat_lon_36 lat_lon_45  
lat_lon_54  lat_lon_63  lat_lon_72  lat_lon_81 lat_lon_9000  
lat_lon_9009  lat_lon_9018
lat_lon_01  lat_lon_10  lat_lon_19  lat_lon_28  lat_lon_37 lat_lon_46  
lat_lon_55  lat_lon_64  lat_lon_73  lat_lon_82 lat_lon_9001  
lat_lon_9010  lat_lon_9019
lat_lon_02  lat_lon_11  lat_lon_20  lat_lon_29  lat_lon_38 lat_lon_47  
lat_lon_56  lat_lon_65  lat_lon_74  lat_lon_83 lat_lon_9002  
lat_lon_9011  lat_lon_9020
lat_lon_03  lat_lon_12  lat_lon_21  lat_lon_30  lat_lon_39 lat_lon_48  
lat_lon_57  lat_lon_66  lat_lon_75  lat_lon_84 lat_lon_9003  lat_lon_9012
lat_lon_04  lat_lon_13  lat_lon_22  lat_lon_31  lat_lon_40 lat_lon_49  
lat_lon_58  lat_lon_67  lat_lon_76  lat_lon_85 lat_lon_9004  lat_lon_9013
lat_lon_05  lat_lon_14  lat_lon_23  lat_lon_32  lat_lon_41 lat_lon_50  
lat_lon_59  lat_lon_68  lat_lon_77  lat_lon_86 lat_lon_9005  lat_lon_9014
lat_lon_06  lat_lon_15  lat_lon_24  lat_lon_33  lat_lon_42 lat_lon_51  
lat_lon_60  lat_lon_69  lat_lon_78  lat_lon_87 lat_lon_9006  lat_lon_9015
lat_lon_07  lat_lon_16  lat_lon_25  lat_lon_34  lat_lon_43 lat_lon_52  
lat_lon_61  lat_lon_70  lat_lon_79  lat_lon_88 lat_lon_9007  lat_lon_9016
lat_lon_08  lat_lon_17  lat_lon_26  lat_lon_35  lat_lon_44 lat_lon_53  
lat_lon_62  lat_lon_71  lat_lon_80  lat_lon_89 lat_lon_9008  lat_lon_9017

$ split --version
split (GNU coreutils) 8.30
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later 
<https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman.
```

with --suffix-length=2 the numbering works correctly, and quits after 99.

This is using the version of split bundled with kubuntu 20.04