Subject: Re: bug#43672: 28.0.50; select-frame-set-input-focus does not set focus first time called

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:02:31 +0200

Arthur Miller <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If setting the parent in 'make-frame' works, then we can warn about
>> reparenting later possibly causing problems with focus transfer.  But
>> if
> Personally I can live with this, it is not problem for me; I reported
> mostly because I thought it was rather an odd behaviour. I understand
> it's a picky thing to debug.
>> But if
>> the problematic behavior occurs when you want to pop up an (already
>> existing but invisible) child menu frame on a different parent and give
>> the menu focus, I have no idea what to do.  So does the latter work for
>> you?
> I haven't come to that part yet :-). I just started to write a small
> eperiment, got into that one and reported, and haven't had time to go
> back to my experiment.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

This was a year ago -- skimming this bug report, it's unclear whether
there's anything to be done on the Emacs side here.  Is further progress
possible in this bug report?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no