Subject: bug#43672: 28.0.50; select-frame-set-input-focus does not set focus first time called

From: Arthur Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:40:12 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Arthur Miller <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Can it be it just ended somewhere outside the screen?
>
> It's possible.

I usually click somewhere in the middle of the screen in Emacs when I
test :-). The code is just a rough scatch, I was just playing with an
idea to see if it could work. You can also try to change the test
function to pm-show-at-cursor, and just have the cursor somewhere in the
window. 

>> Did you run via the "test" function (pm-test)? It should take pixel
>> coordinate of the point and try to place the frame at those coords.
>
> Yes, I did M-x pm-test.
I can't tell, if it has something to do with Gnome shell; I don't have
it installed myself; but than it is probably a bug? Emacs should display
and kill child frames correctly regardless of the window manager.