Subject: Re: [bug#43654] [PATCH] Add perl-opengl

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 22:05:09 +0200

Hello Malte,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:01:29PM +0200, Malte Frank Gerdes wrote:
> The patch attached to my previous mail which just adds
> perl-opengl-shader and perl-opengl-image are not necessary (and also not
> complete).
> 
> I did the following:
>    1. ./pre-inst-env guix environment perl-opengl --ad-hoc perl-opengl 
>    2. git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/pogl/code pogl-code
>    3. cd pogl-code/examples
>    4. for p in *.pl; do timeout 5 perl $p; done
> 
> and this should result in all examples running successfully. This isn't
> something that can be added to the test phase, isn't it?

that is good news and reassuring, so we can go forward with the patch.

The test.pl file you mention also appears in the packaged source from CPAN,
so it should be possible to run tests.

Concerning the replacement of "cdr", you might want to have a look at "match":
   https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Pattern-Matching.html

I will probably not be able to get back to Guix before the weekend, so
please do not hesitate to update your patch.

And to send more of the perl packages - when I suggested you submit your
perl package patches, I did not imagine you would start with the most
difficult one ;-)

Andreas