Subject: [bug#43650] [PATCH 0/8] Assorted childhurd improvements

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:10:01 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hello!

> Here are assorted improvements to childhurds!

Oh, lovely!

> There’s one thing missing to allow ‘hurd-vm-service-type’ to
> automatically enable offloading to the local childhurd:
> declarative ACL and declarative machines.scm.
>
> Feedback welcome!  :-)

Took me much longer than I hoped to...:It's broke, for me ;)
(Well, privilege separatation breaks it, for me).

I especially hoped that childhurd in a Guix System VM would work, but in
the end reverted to reconfiguring and rebooting until I found the
problem.

(In the end, I'm pretty sure that rebooting is not necessary,
reconfiguring should be enough.)

The the rest of the patch set LreallyGTM, thanks!

> PS: It’s GNU’s 37th birthday! \o/

\o/ ...well, GNU needs to wait for their birthday present :-(

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com