Subject: [bug#43637] [PATCH] gnu: packages: Add grokmirror.

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 16:58:20 -0400

A recent message on bug-guix [1] mentioned cloning the archives at
<https://yhetil.org>.  public-inbox archives, including those at
yhetil.org, publish a grokmirror-compatible manifest.  So, if you're
interested in mirroring the Guix-related archives at yhetil.org for any
reason [2], you can use grokmirror to do so in a way that's nicer than
periodically hitting yhetil.org with a git-fetch call for each
Guix-related inbox.

You can clone (and then later update) Guix-related inboxes with

    $ grok-pull -vc /path/to/config

and a config file that looks something like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[core]
toplevel = /path/to/inboxes
manifest = ${toplevel}/manifest.js.gz
log = ${toplevel}/grok.log
loglevel = info
objstore = ${toplevel}/objstore

[pull]
pull_threads = 2
include = /guix-*

[remote]
site = https://yhetil.org
manifest = ${site}/manifest.js.gz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43528#4
    [email-masked]

[2] to have a fast local copy, to publish your own mirror, to feed the
    archives into some other tool...