Subject: bug#43636: 28.0.50; About Emacs, shall be descriptive and point to Info file

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 18:48:15 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2020-09-27 10:27]:
> > Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 09:52:15 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > 
> > For me it is: general computing environment
> 
> That sounds too general and abstract to be useful.  E.g., I could say
> the same about any modern OS.

Yes, it is too general for public. I am using Emacs to make
applications within Emacs.

We can see that Tetris, Pong and other games can be made within
Emacs, so it is foundation for development.

Maybe Emacs does not fit anywhere into any known group, it may be
unique.

It is used as IDE:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_development_environment

What I wish to say, it is platform for development of applications
that run within Emacs. Maybe it is not common to develop full
applications in Emacs Lisp, but that is what it is for me.

How to name it? Hard to say.

Jean