Subject: bug#43633: 28.0.50; Include definitions in glossary for: extensible, customizable, self-documenting, real-time display editor

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 23:33:29 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2020-09-26 20:17]:
> > From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 19:06:18 +0200
> > 
> > 
> > When one goes into Info file, there is sentence:
> > 
> > Emacs is the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time
> > display editor.
> > 
> > In my opinion, those terms are special in Emacs, and should be
> > described as terms in the Glossary section of Emacs Info file.
> 
> I don't understand: these terms are explained right there in the
> section which starts with that sentence.  Why would we need to explain
> them in the Glossary?

By the sole definition of what glossary represents.

> I also don't understand how these terms are special in Emacs, I think
> we use them in their usual meaning.

The Intro section defines the words. Those definitions are definitely
technical, special definitions relating to Emacs, and are special in
Emacs. If you don't see, I cannot help, I see special technical
definitions that relate to Emacs.

Glossary is looked upon at any time. One cannot assume that a
hyperlinked info document is read in some order. Glossary shall
contain all terms and definitions used in the info to help an user
clarify the meanings.

If necessary, just as with other terms, it can point back or hyperlink
to various info sections.

Jean