Subject: Re: Further Info

From: Prafulla Giri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:16:38 +0545

Another information:

I have other programs on my foreign system (installed via guix) that
produce sound well, without any issues. They include:
espeak and kdenlive.

Also, I did try making the union-build use copies instead of symlinks using
(union-build ... #:symlink copy-recursively) but that didn't work out
either.

Now, I'm going to take a look at fixing the pkg-config rules, and will be
updating this thread should that resolve this issue.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 12:21 PM Prafulla Giri <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I forgot to mention, but the union-build works. If one `guix build`s the
> union package, and cd into the /gnu/store/...-union-build, one will see
> that things are there as it should be (lib/normal-alsa-*.so and
> lib/alsa-lib/*pulse*.so).
>
> It's just that aegisub seems to be looking from the
> /gnu/store/normal-alsa-lib-dir instead of /gnu/store/union-alsa-package.
>