Subject: bug#43615: 26.3; eshell: face for directory and symlink the same in terminal

From: [email-masked] (Alfred M. Szmidt)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 13:00:59 -0400

The color for symlinks and directories is the same on the terminal in
OpenBSD, though the face differs (eshell-ls-symlink which is Cyan
vs. eshell-ls-directory which is SkyBlue).  This is slightly
confusing, since if the symlink points to a file, one might assume
that one can change directories there.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-09 built on amd64.ports.openbsd.org
Recent messages:
Loading em-basic...done
Loading em-cmpl...done
Loading em-dirs...done
Loading em-glob...done
Loading em-hist...done
Loading em-ls...done
Loading em-prompt...done
Loading em-script...done
Loading em-term...done
Loading em-unix...done

Configured using:
 'configure --build=amd64-unknown-openbsd --without-sound
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc
 --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info
 --localstatedir=/var --disable-silent-rules --disable-gtk-doc
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -g -fno-pie' CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -nopie -g''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias pcomplete esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util rcirc mail-queue sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations advice bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl elp slime-parse slime derived cl-extra help-mode edmacro
kmacro gud apropos compile etags xref project arc-mode archive-mode
noutline outline easy-mmode pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec
thingatpt browse-url cl slime-autoloads time-date elec-pair autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt finder-inf package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib disp-table mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 229278 12511)
 (symbols 48 29558 2)
 (miscs 40 79 129)
 (strings 32 56919 1609)
 (string-bytes 1 1572477)
 (vectors 16 20544)
 (vector-slots 8 567391 10894)
 (floats 8 72 278)
 (intervals 56 412 154)
 (buffers 992 13))