Subject: Re: [bug#43591] [PATCH core-updates] gnu: glibc-final: Catch all cases of a glibc user not requesting 64-bit offsets and then using readdir.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:51:45 +0200

(Note: ILP32 is not present on aarch64)

system   _FILE_OFFSET_BITS off_t   d_off-sizeof   d_off-values
---------------------------------------------------------------
x86_64   -                 8 Byte  8 Byte         8 Byte
i686     -                 4 Byte  4 Byte         4 Byte
i686     64                8 Byte  8 Byte         FAIL*
i686     32                4 Byte  4 Byte         FAIL*
i686     7                 4 Byte  4 Byte         4 Byte
armhf    -                 4 Byte  4 Byte         4 Byte
armhf    64                8 Byte  8 Byte         4 Byte
armhf    32                4 Byte  4 Byte         4 Byte
armhf    7                 4 Byte  4 Byte         4 Byte
a64armhf -                 4 Byte  4 Byte         FAIL*
a64armhf 64                8 Byte  8 Byte         8 Byte
a64armhf 32                4 Byte  4 Byte         FAIL*
a64armhf 7                 4 Byte  4 Byte         FAIL* 
aarch64  -                 8 Byte  8 Byte         8 Byte

*: Using FUSE filesystem with big d_off value.