Subject: [bug#43581] [PATCH] guix build: Add '--without-tests'.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:05:53 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hi!

--without-tests...beautiful!

> * guix/scripts/build.scm (transform-package-tests): New procedure.
> (%transformations, %transformation-options)

Nitpick, use comma                          ^

> show-transformation-options-help): Add it.

[..]

> +Turning off tests leads to a different store item.  Consequently, when
> +using this option, anything that depends on @var{package} must be
> +rebuilt, as in this example:

This makes sense, so I'm curious about it's usefulness in practice, but
there have been several times during porting sessions where I have
disabled tests by editing the package.

[..]

Otherwise, L*G*TM :-)

Testing...

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
23:02:36 janneke@dundal:~/src/guix/master [env]
$ time ./pre-inst-env guix build automake --without-tests=automake --verbosity=1
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/0m9qp0rf74d6sray1ip6h050fzmrrya3-automake-1.16.2.drv
building /gnu/store/0m9qp0rf74d6sray1ip6h050fzmrrya3-automake-1.16.2.drv...
|offloading build of /gnu/store/0m9qp0rf74d6sray1ip6h050fzmrrya3-automake-1.16.2.drv to 'kluit.dezyne.org'
/gnu/store/7qsz3avcfk6b6am0zj9ahsmjy8x6drxr-automake-1.16.2

real	0m14.316s
user	0m1.203s
sys	0m0.072s
23:02:55 janneke@dundal:~/src/guix/master [env]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That's pretty amazing ;-)

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com