Subject: bug#43580: 27.1.50; Multiple path resolutions in ~/.emacs.d/projects for the same project

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:25:52 +0300

On 27.09.2020 05:12, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26 2020, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> 
>>> Where is this located? I tried to grep through the 'lisp' and 'src'
>>> directories.
>>
>> Inside lisp/progmodes/project.el. In Emacs' master branch, of course.
>>
>> Or if you installed project.el from GNU ELPA, it will be in your
>> ~/.emacs.d/elpa directory.
> 
> Okay. Got this defun on 'master' branch. But I was looking in 'emacs-27'
> because the bug was found in 'emacs-27'. So there is something else that
> needs to be fixed. This function 'project-remember-project' is there not
> on 'emacs-27'.

It can only be fixed on the Emacs master branch. But new ELPA released 
are packages from that branch. So we fix it on master, you install the 
latest version of project.el from ELPA, and enjoy the results.