Subject: bug#43580: 27.1.50; Multiple path resolutions in ~/.emacs.d/projects for the same project

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 21:36:34 +0530

After using for few days, now I have two entries for my Git managed
project emacs.d - (1) ~/.emacs.d and (2) /Users/pankaj/.emacs.d (<- the
macos user-home:-)).

This makes it annoying when I do project-find-file (C-x p f). There are
duplicate entries to select.

In GNU Emacs 27.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.6 (Build 19G2021))
 of 2020-09-22 built on BigBook.local
Repository revision: 02a31c9632693b882e46b6dbdd2653297bbfdead
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.6

Recent messages:
No more unseen articles
No more unread articles
Expiring articles...done
Mark set
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving /Users/pankaj/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /Users/pankaj/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /Users/pankaj/.newsrc.eld
Saving /Users/pankaj/.newsrc.eld...done
Making completion list...

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JavaScript

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/xref-1.0.3/xref hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xref
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.2/project hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/project
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.0.9/flymake hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.10.0/eldoc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-icalendar org-capture icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs reveal ob-C ob-python org-element avl-tree ol-eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus ol-docview doc-view image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m bug-reference magit-extras
face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
git-commit transient magit-git magit-section log-edit pcvs-util add-log
with-editor async-bytecomp async shell sh-script executable css-mode
smie eww mm-url url-queue semantic/tag-write markdown-mode rx
magit-utils crm dash flow-fill shr-color color qp smiley gnus-bcklg
gnus-async vc-mtn vc-hg mailalias smtpmail sendmail sort gnus-cite
mail-extr nnir gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic pop3 nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnml nnfolder epa-file gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache .gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr svg xml gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader vtl cl autoload
mm-archive gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf mailcap finder-inf ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/wisent/javascript-jv semantic/wisent/js-wy semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/java semantic/doc company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb conf-mode misearch multi-isearch rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok eieio-opt jka-compr
vc-annotate vc-dir vc-filewise two-column iso-transl vc-git diff-mode
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher cl-extra
cl-print ede/config ede/custom ede/proj-archive ede/proj-aux
ede/proj-elisp ede/pconf ede/proj-info ede/proj-misc ede/proj-shared
ede/proj-prog ede/pmake ede/proj-obj ede/proj ede/make ede/proj-comp
ede/autoconf-edit autoconf autoconf-mode ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar semantic/sb
speedbar sb-image dframe eieio-custom help-fns radix-tree checkdoc
lisp-mnt display-line-numbers elec-pair paren hideshow semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet init server init-java init-kotlin init-javascript company js
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace
help-mode xref pcase url-util project imenu init-elisp init-keys
init-modeline init-looks init-speedbar init-recentf recentf tree-widget
wid-edit init-date-time solar cal-dst init-crypto init-browser
init-icomplete icomplete init-which-key which-key init-magit
init-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile warnings init-dired init-org
org-indent org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat advice
org-macs init-erc erc-auth erc-join erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs init-email message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
init-ibuffer edmacro kmacro info early-init package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 698877 561490)
 (symbols 48 51137 26)
 (strings 32 206708 88970)
 (string-bytes 1 6312531)
 (vectors 16 85342)
 (vector-slots 8 1539344 98540)
 (floats 8 928 514)
 (intervals 56 21860 7765)
 (buffers 1000 113))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid