Subject: Re: bug#43559: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Add csharp support to cc-mode

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:18:02 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Great!  Including it in GNU ELPA would be cool.  Stefan?
>
> Fine by me.
>

Cool!

>> There are some performance issues that are being addressed by Alan
>> with regards to multiline strings.
>
> That should have no bearing on inclusion into GNU ELPA.

No, I assume it should be even easier to change csharp-mode when those
fixes arrive.

>
>> The paperwork should be very easy, as I _think_ the only people with
>> commits that needs paperwork is Jostein and me.
>
> Can you double check?
>

I'm not completely sure how I'd double check that for there to be no
issues at all legally.  When I did the rewrite I did it without looking
at the already existing code, since I wanted the option to include it in
emacs at some point.  If you look at
https://github.com/emacs-csharp/csharp-mode/blame/master/csharp-mode.el
you'll find that most commits are from me, except the header comments,
which I took from the existing code. Most of the other commits that are
referenced in that blame is either whitespace that didn't change when
the new version was merged as well as some one line bug patches that
came after the new version arrived.  I assume they are ok to add to
elpa, given their size?

Other commits are ci related and an indentation fix.  How do I verify
this?

Theo