Subject: Re: bug#43534: qemu-minimal-5.1.0 fails to build during test phase on aarch64

From: Stefan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:14:04 +0200

Hi Maxim!

> Is this reproducible on your side?

Retrying my previous command it found a substitute this time.

stefan@guix ~/development/guix$ sudo -E -b ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure -L /home/stefan/guix/ /home/stefan/guix-system.scm &> nohup.out && tail -f nohup.out
Passwort: 
guix system: warning: cannot determine provenance for current system
substitute: Liste der Substitute von „https://ci.guix.gnu.org“ wird aktualisiert … 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/rgpllviv84cfhhd3bnnkmjpa1ndph8wh-package-collection-grub-efi-raspberrypi-firmware-u-boot-rpi-3-2.04.drv
   /gnu/store/12balhwfp2lzqyvy246j9zgh0zif16pn-grub-efi-2.04.drv

18,7 MB will be downloaded
downloading from https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/6da0v0yb0ikw348y8rm431nnd947mla7-qemu-minimal-5.1.0 ...
 qemu-minimal-5.1.0  17.8MiB          533KiB/s 00:34 [##################] 100.0%

building /gnu/store/12balhwfp2lzqyvy246j9zgh0zif16pn-grub-efi-2.04.drv…

Is it possible, that the test is somehow picky about the exact type of processor in use?

By the way, I also tried this command:

guix build --rounds=2 qemu-minimal --no-substitutes

But (probably because I got a substitute) it did not compile anything – I’m a bit clueless how to compile it again.

Bye

Stefan