Subject: bug#43532: [feature/native-comp] *.eln file name hashing, algorithm doesn't seem to play nice with NATIVE_FULL_AOT and self-contained, Emacs.app builds for macOS

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 13:19:47 +0000

Aloxaf <[email-masked]> writes:

> 在 2020/9/30 下午3:13, Andrea Corallo 写道:
>
>> Once the package is produced it can be in any directory with no
>> restrinction on the name or like in MacOS the pkg directory will be
>> called like name.app?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>    Andrea
>
> If you mean where it will be installed. It will always be installed to
> / by default, but there is not some special restriction.
> The $pkgdir just like a fake root and install it with AUR should have
> the same directory structure as `make install DSTDIR='/'`
>
> If you mean where the $pkgdir will be. Its value is
> $BUILDDIR/$PACKAGE_NAME/pkg/$PACKAGE_NAME, $BUILDDIR can be configured
> by user.

Yes that's what I meant.  Okay then if is correct to assume
$PACKAGE_NAME is know at compile time should be possible on our side to
offer a build option to specify that while compiling.

> BTW, is there any special reason to consider file path when hashing?
> IMHO, it may be better not to consider it?

It makes simple and very cheap to keep the cache directory clean, the
fact that's cheap allow us to the this clean-up often.

Thanks

  Andrea

PS you should do a replay-all when replaying to keep the bug posted