Subject: Re: bug#43532: [feature/native-comp] *.eln file name hashing algorithm doesn't seem to play nice with NATIVE_FULL_AOT and self-contained Emacs.app builds for macOS

From: Jim Myhrberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 19:54:04 +0100

I was just reminded by someone on GitHub that the "Emacs.app"
application can be renamed to anything by users. So I think we
probably need to effectively match against and remove
"^.*\.app\/Contents\/Resources\/lisp", basically wildcare anything
before the ".app" part.

Sorry I didn't think of this earlier myself >_<

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 2:41 PM Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Jim Myhrberg <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > That works perfectly. It's picking up all *.eln files from within
> > Emacs.app, regardless of where I place it on disk, and only generating
> > new  *.eln files into my user cache for external packages I've
> > installed myself.
> >
> > Thanks yet again for your help :)
>
> Welcome :) I'll rewrite it a little more decently and push it soon.  We
> can keep the bug open since it's there.
>
> Thanks
>
>   Andrea