Subject: Re: bug#43530: wget: command not found

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 23:49:14 -0400

Hi,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> writes:

> Leo Famulari 写道：
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 09:06:42AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>>> I will add that you can do 'guix package -i wget curl' to add those
>>> two
>>> packages in the installer environment. I will be the first to admit
>>> that
>>> I don't always remember to do that and have instead asked for help
>>> using
>>> netcat or telnet to send text to pastebin sites.
>>> How much space would it add to add one or both of these? curl 
>>> has more
>>> dependencies than wget, but we could always toss in busybox if we
>>> really
>>> felt pressed for space.
>>
>> I wonder if they are already in the image as transitive
>> dependencies.

I've added wget to the Guix base packages with commit 7a65beff0f.  It
adds about 3 MiB of mostly locale data, which seems reasonable.

Thank you!

Closing.

Maxim