Subject: bug#43512: QEMU crashes during its test suite on aarch64-linux

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 11:27:12 -0400

Testing on master, commit 84da8f7feede61c63dd359fc5dfb5e8d6ea09ef4, with
the command:

./pre-inst-env guix build qemu --rounds=5 --system=aarch64-linux

I got:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
MALLOC_PERTURB_=${MALLOC_PERTURB_:-$(( ${RANDOM:-0} % 255 + 1))}  QTEST_QEMU_BINARY=arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm QTEST_QEMU_IMG=qemu-img tests/qtest/qos-test -m=quick -k --tap < /dev/null | ./scripts/tap-driver.pl --test-name="qos-test" 
PASS 1 qos-test /arm/imx25-pdk/imx.i2c/i2c-bus/ds1338/ds1338-tests/tx-rx
PASS 2 qos-test /arm/imx25-pdk/imx.i2c/i2c-bus/pca9552/pca9552-tests/tx-rx
PASS 3 qos-test /arm/imx25-pdk/imx.i2c/i2c-bus/pca9552/pca9552-tests/rx-autoinc
PASS 4 qos-test /arm/imx25-pdk/imx.i2c/i2c-bus/tmp105/tmp105-tests/tx-rx
PASS 5 qos-test /arm/n800/omap_i2c/i2c-bus/ds1338/ds1338-tests/tx-rx
PASS 6 qos-test /arm/n800/omap_i2c/i2c-bus/pca9552/pca9552-tests/tx-rx
PASS 7 qos-test /arm/n800/omap_i2c/i2c-bus/pca9552/pca9552-tests/rx-autoinc
PASS 8 qos-test /arm/n800/omap_i2c/i2c-bus/tmp105/tmp105-tests/tx-rx
PASS 9 qos-test /arm/raspi2/generic-sdhci/sdhci/sdhci-tests/registers
PASS 10 qos-test /arm/sabrelite/generic-sdhci/sdhci/sdhci-tests/registers
PASS 11 qos-test /arm/smdkc210/generic-sdhci/sdhci/sdhci-tests/registers
PASS 12 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio/virtio-tests/nop
PASS 13 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/config
PASS 14 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/version/basic
PASS 15 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/attach/basic
PASS 16 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/walk/basic
PASS 17 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/walk/no_slash
PASS 18 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/walk/dotdot_from_root
PASS 19 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/lopen/basic
PASS 20 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/write/basic
PASS 21 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/flush/success
PASS 22 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/flush/ignored
PASS 23 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-9p-device/virtio-9p/virtio-9p-tests/fs/readdir/basic
PASS 24 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-balloon-device/virtio/virtio-tests/nop
PASS 25 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-blk-device/virtio-blk/virtio-blk-tests/indirect
PASS 26 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-blk-device/virtio-blk/virtio-blk-tests/config
PASS 27 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-blk-device/virtio-blk/virtio-blk-tests/basic
PASS 28 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-blk-device/virtio-blk/virtio-blk-tests/resize
PASS 29 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-net-device/virtio-net/virtio-net-tests/basic
PASS 30 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-net-device/virtio-net/virtio-net-tests/rx_stop_cont
PASS 31 qos-test /arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-net-device/virtio-net/virtio-net-tests/announce-self
**
ERROR:tests/qtest/qos-test.c:175:subprocess_run_one_test: child process (/arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-net-device/virtio-net/virtio-net-tests/vhost-user/migrate/subprocess [1377]) failed unexpectedly
ERROR - Bail out! ERROR:tests/qtest/qos-test.c:175:subprocess_run_one_test: child process (/arm/virt/virtio-mmio/virtio-bus/virtio-net-device/virtio-net/virtio-net-tests/vhost-user/migrate/subprocess [1377]) failed unexpectedly
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
make: *** [/tmp/guix-build-qemu-5.0.0.drv-0/qemu-5.0.0/tests/Makefile.include:636: check-qtest-arm] Error 1

Test suite failed, dumping logs.
command "make" "check" "V=1" failed with status 2
builder for `/gnu/store/h78jc7n3yzi5ys27frjchs96ch671lqj-qemu-5.0.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/h78jc7n3yzi5ys27frjchs96ch671lqj-qemu-5.0.0.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/h78jc7n3yzi5ys27frjchs96ch671lqj-qemu-5.0.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---