Subject: bug#43495: Error when sorting threads in Gnus

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:53:16 +0200

Igor Wojnicki <[email-masked]> writes:

> If I try to open an larger imap group (a few thousand messages both
> read and unread) Gnus gives a warning: Wrong number of arguments: #, 2
> And the Summary window is empty or it contains only some of the
> messages.

[...]

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr null>
> 2)
>   not(([26311 "GitLab email verification request" "GitLab
> <[email-masked]>" #("Fri, 10 Jul 2020 02:32:05 +0000" 0 1
> (gnus-time (24327 54053)))

[...]

>   gnus-summary-prepare()

It looks like the backtrace has to come from something in either
gnus-thread-sort-functions, gnus-article-sort-functions or
gnus-sort-gathered-threads-function.  What's the value of those three
variables?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no