Subject: bug#43495: (no subject)

From: Igor Wojnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 20:14:47 +0200

Hello,

If I try to open an larger imap group (a few thousand messages both read and unread) Gnus gives a warning: Wrong number of arguments: #, 2 And the Summary window is empty or it contains only some of the messages.

Compile Log shows: Warning: ‘not’ called with 2 args, but requires 1

If I limit the number of messages to fetch to e.g. 200 (C-u RET) it
works fine. Limiting to 500 triggers the same warning. It seems that it
does not depend on the exact number of messages, it just happens if
there is more of them.

The problem shows up with different imap servers, both for emacs 26 and 27. The gnus config is fairly basic, just nnimap sources with gnus-secondary-select-methods and gnus-posting-styles.

Here is the backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr null> 2)
  gnus-summary-prepare()
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnimap+GRADIS:INBOX" (4) t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnimap+GRADIS:INBOX" (4) t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group((4) t)
  gnus-group-select-group((4))
  funcall-interactively(gnus-group-select-group (4))
  call-interactively(gnus-group-select-group nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-group-select-group)

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.14)
 of 2020-03-26, modified by Debian

--