Subject: [bug#43482] [PATCH 3/3] doc: Reorder the "Channels" section.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:59:39 +0200

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/guix.texi (Channels): Reorder the section.
> Minor tweaks to keep uniformity.
> Update the master menu.

It would be nice if you could better describe what’s moved where since
looking at the diff doesn’t help understand it.

> +@node Writing custom channels
> +@subsection Writing custom channels

Should be “Writing Custom Channels”.

Maybe “Creating a Channel” is more to the point actually?

>  To create a channel, create a Git repository containing your own package
>  modules and make it available.  The repository can contain anything, but a
>  useful channel will contain Guile modules that export packages.  Once you
> @@ -4398,6 +4470,24 @@ module, then the module will be available under the name @code{(my-packages
>  my-tools)}, and you will be able to use it like any other module
>  (@pxref{Modules,,, guile, GNU Guile Reference Manual}).
>  
> +Last, as a channel author, you may want to run an authenticated channel
> +(@pxref{Channel Authentication}), then @pxref{Specifying Channel
> +Authorizations} for details.

Maybe something like:

  As a channel author, consider bundling authentication material with
  your channel so that users can authenticate it.  @xref{Channel
  Authentication}, and @ref{Specifying Channel Authorizations}, for
  info on how to do it.

(Note: @pxref cannot be used in the middle of a sentence like you did
above.  I always end up re-reading the Texinfo manual to find which
cross-reference command to use in which context…)

Could you send updated patches?

Thanks!

Ludo’.