Subject: 27.1; Default font size not saving on Mac

From: Germain Le Chapelain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:02:30 -0700

Hello!

So, the default font options don't save across session on MacOS.

What I did is:

o clicked `Option > Set Default Font...'
o Reduce the font size (from 12 to 11)
o Closed the window
o Clicked `Option > Save Options'

Quit Emacs
Restart Emacs

I was seeing size 12 font again (and would see 12 selected in going back
to Options > Set Default Font')

I would have expected to see the font at the same size as saved in the
previous session.

:(

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
of 2020-08-11 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.6

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
<vertical-scroll-bar> <drag-mouse-2> is undefined
Making completion list...
RET = select, <mouse-2> = select, d = to finder directory, q = quit, ? = help
<vertical-scroll-bar> <drag-mouse-2> is undefined
Mark set

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils finder finder-inf
find-func lisp-mnt package browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv jka-compr info
easymenu time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86701 7095)
(symbols 48 8086 1)
(strings 32 25474 1961)
(string-bytes 1 765896)
(vectors 16 13920)
(vector-slots 8 169185 13404)
(floats 8 25 40)
(intervals 56 4593 0)
(buffers 1000 14))