Subject: Generated files ’doc/os-conf-*.texi’ and “make“

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 23:14:06 +0200

Dear,

The steps:

  ./bootstrap
  ./configure --localstatedir=/var/
   make info

leads to the error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Making info in po/guix
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc/po/guix'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'info'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc/po/guix'
Making info in po/packages
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc/po/packages'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'info'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc/po/packages'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc'
Updating ./doc/version.texi
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.info
./doc/guix.texi:11838: @include: could not find os-config-bare-bones.texi
./doc/guix.texi:11979: @include: could not find os-config-desktop.texi
./doc/guix.texi:11986: @include: could not find os-config-lightweight-desktop.texi
make[1]: *** [Makefile:4146: doc/guix.info] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/redoc'
make: *** [Makefile:5115: info-recursive] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

because the 3 .texi files have to be generated first; with another
rule.  It seems expected that ‘make info’ builds the manual.

Furthermore, ‘make distclean’ does not remove these files.

Well, I have tried to give a look to the configuration files of ‘make’
but it is a bit obscure to me.

This behaviour, is it expected?  Or do I miss a ’make’ rule?

All the best,
simon