Subject: [bug#43477] [PATCH 0/1] guix: graph: Add 'plain' backend.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 22:04:53 +0200

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 14:33, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is that still a graph, though…?

I agree it is not a graph.  Instead of 'plain' the name could be
'list-nodes', or whatever.

> It reminds me of “guix gc -R /gnu/store/…-something”, except that in
> your case the output is for things that haven’t necessarily been
> realized as store items yet.

The point is that "guix gc" does not operate at the same level as "guix graph".

As I explained to Mathieu, my use case is: I am doing "guix graph -t
<something> | grep label" and in general then "guix graph -t
<other-thing> | grep label | grep <package>"; which is not user
friendly at all.  The aim is to provide something where I can use for
example '-t bag'.  And also something that I can use with the other
Guix commands.

Well, I have been annoyed a couple of times so I decided to fix my
issue and send a proposal. :-)

Cheers,
simon