Subject: bug#43448: FreeCAD fails to compile

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 19:22:02 +0200

Dear,

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 13:58, Malte Frank Gerdes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> it seems that FreeCAD fails to compile because it can't find the mpi
> library even though it's in the inputs. Same is true for
> python-pyside-2, python-pyside-2-tools and python-shiboken-2.

[...]

> MPI just generates a warning
>
> -- Checking for one of the modules 'ompi-cxx'
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:745 (message):
>   mpi.h was not found.  Check for error above.
>
> but the build fails with no direct error message (i didn't find one),
> and tried to link against mpi (that's why i'm guessing it has something
> to do with it).

Thank you for your feedback and pointing this out.

>From the Guix Data Service [1], something wrong is happening to
FreeCAD.  The last substituable FreeCAD v1.8.0 is given by the commit
9bc516bada71e1437d73971584bff5e72e053dbe:

   guix time-machine –commit=9bc516bada71e1437d73971584bff5e72e053dbe \
        -- weather freecad

All the best,
simon

[1] <https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/freecad/output-history>