Subject: bug#43447: closed (bug#43447: Blender crashes when trying to apply a Remesh Modifier)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 13:20:01 +0000

Your bug report

#43447: Blender crashes when trying to apply a Remesh Modifier

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43447: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43447
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#43447: Blender crashes when trying to apply a Remesh Modifier
From: Malte Frank Gerdes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 15:18:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

as blender has been updated multiple times in the mean time, i cann no
longer reproduce this. So i'm closing.

Malte

Subject: Blender crashes when trying to apply a Remesh Modifier
From: Malte Frank Gerdes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:22:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

using Blender 2.83.5 results in a crash when trying to use the Remesh
Modifier. Backtrace is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# backtrace
blender(BLI_system_backtrace+0x20) [0x293ba30]
blender() [0xa99e13]
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/libc.so.6(+0x36b20) [0x7faca3490b20]
blender(BKE_mesh_copy_settings+0x13) [0xafd993]
blender() [0xdfad4f]
blender() [0xbbc7b3]
blender() [0xbbd2b4]
blender(makeDerivedMesh+0x8f) [0xbbe81f]
blender(BKE_object_handle_data_update+0x3b0) [0xb34540]
blender(BKE_object_eval_uber_data+0x2e) [0xb3486e]
blender() [0x133ab5b]
blender() [0x133ad19]
blender(BLI_task_pool_work_and_wait+0x1d5) [0x293c8d5]
blender(_ZN3DEG23deg_evaluate_on_refreshEPNS_9DepsgraphE+0x201) [0x133b0f1]
blender(DEG_evaluate_on_refresh+0x65) [0x131f165]
blender() [0xb6dd6b]
blender(wm_event_do_depsgraph+0xb3) [0xc58d03]
blender(wm_event_do_refresh_wm_and_depsgraph+0x87) [0xc58e57]
blender(wm_event_do_notifiers+0x45b) [0xc5f6ab]
blender(WM_main+0x28) [0xc552a8]
blender(main+0x2cc) [0xa68f8c]
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xed) [0x7faca347ca6d]
blender(_start+0x2a) [0xa967fa]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm running guix on a foreign distro.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix describe
Generation 17	Sep 16 2020 13:07:39	(current)
  nonguix a12f42e
    repository URL: https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix
    branch: master
    commit: a12f42e6781bc965a788ad969b0c5f96da13e10f
  guix b85863f
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: b85863f7ce99d05205e57358b36ff50656cca08b
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Malte