Subject: [PATCH] Fixes init of #42162: gforge.inria.fr down Dec. 2020

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:14:11 +0200

Dear,

The first message in [1] explains the concrete issue.  To avoid to pollute the
already long thread discussing long term Tarball Archiving (which will not be
ready before the down), here is sent patches fixing the concrete issue.

Aside, note that the tarballs should be now ingested by Software Heritage via:

https://archive.softwareheritage.org/browse/search/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fguix.gnu.org%2Fsources.json&with_visit=true&with_content=true

but the issue is to reach them; well see [2].

>From [1], the non-archived packages (yet) are:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp (lset-difference eq? $7 $8)
  $11 = (
   #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:3931 7f632401a640>
   #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f632ee3adc0>
   #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:103 7f6323ea1280>
   #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:658 7f6323eb4960>
   #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:322 7f6323eb4dc0>)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However, some have migrated to gitlab:

 - r-spams
     <https://gitlab.inria.fr/thoth/spams-devel>
 - gf2x
     <https://gitlab.inria.fr/gf2x/gf2x>
 - cmh
    <https://prod-gitlab.inria.fr/cmh/cmh>

Note that repackage 'r-spams' from the Git checkout needs some love and is not
straightforward.  (Not tried yet the 2 others).

The aim of switching the 2 packages from 'url-fetch' to 'svn-fetch' is
twofolds, test case for improving:

 - "guix lint -c archival" (support 'svn' and 'hg')
 - the fallback to SWH (for non-git VCS source)

WDYT?

[1]: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/42162>
[2] <https://forge.softwareheritage.org/T2430>

All the best,
simon

PS:
I am not sure how to deal with <[email-masked]> to "clone" (split)
the bug #42162.  That's why this one. :-)

zimoun (2):
  gnu: mpfi: Replace 'url-fetch' by 'svn-fetch'.
  gnu: gmp-ecm: Replace 'url-fetch' by 'svn-fetch'.

 gnu/packages/algebra.scm        | 28 +++++++++++++++++++++-------
 gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm | 13 ++++++++-----
 2 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: f5163902d7c3cfed5a97033f38e92d7158b19fa8
-- 
2.28.0