Subject: [PATCH 0/1] guix: scripts: build: Mention 'PACKAGE' in '--with-source' option.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 00:15:42 +0200

Dear,

It appears serveral times that I am confused by the transformation
"--with-source" where the CLI reports:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix build: warning: transformation 'with-source' had no effect on
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

because I use "guix build --with-source=path/to/archive" where
'path/to/archive' does not match the package name.  Then "guix build -h" says:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      --with-source=SOURCE
                         use SOURCE when building the corresponding package
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and all the others transformation options says:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      --with-input=PACKAGE=REPLACEMENT
                         replace dependency PACKAGE by REPLACEMENT
      --with-graft=PACKAGE=REPLACEMENT
                         graft REPLACEMENT on packages that refer to PACKAGE
      --with-branch=PACKAGE=BRANCH
                         build PACKAGE from the latest commit of BRANCH
      --with-commit=PACKAGE=COMMIT
                         build PACKAGE from COMMIT
      --with-git-url=PACKAGE=URL
                         build PACKAGE from the repository at URL
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the best,
simon

zimoun (1):
  guix: scripts: build: Mention 'PACKAGE' in '--with-source' option.

 guix/scripts/build.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.28.0