Subject: bootstrap (bash-mesboot0) and ’make release’ error

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 00:02:11 +0200

Dear,

Reading the release document [1] and going step by step, so I start from
a fresh worktree and branch and I tweak a bit (maybe I am doing wrong)
otherwise it fails:

   ./bootstrap && ./configure --localstatedir=/var/
   make
   make GUIX_MAINTENANCE_DIRECTORY=../../maintenance update-NEWS
   make doc-pot-update

then the target and the error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ make release

[...]

make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/rel/po/packages'
make  \
  top_distdir="guix-1.0.1.22205-a8360-dirty" distdir="guix-1.0.1.22205-a8360-dirty" \
  dist-info dist-hook
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/simon/src/guix/wk/rel'
  GEN      gen-ChangeLog
  GEN      gen-AUTHORS
echo 1.0.1.22205-a8360-dirty > "guix-1.0.1.22205-a8360-dirty/.tarball-version"
guix-1.0.1.22205-a8360-dirty/gnu/packages/commencement.scm:// /gnu/store/cq0cmv35s9dhilx14zaghlc08gpc0hwr-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a/lib/libc.a: error: 'sigprocmask' defined twice
error: store file names embedded in the distribution
make[4]: *** [Makefile:6335: assert-no-store-file-names] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The checkout is based on commit a8360892d7.

On IRC [2], it rings a bell. :-)  The error should come from
’bash-mesboot0’ in (gnu packages commencement) at the ’modify-phases’
[3]:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
         (add-after 'configure 'configure-fixups
           (lambda _
             (substitute* "config.h"
               (("#define GETCWD_BROKEN 1") "#undef GETCWD_BROKEN"))
             (let ((config.h (open-file "config.h" "a")))
               (display (string-append "
// tcc: error: undefined symbol 'enable_hostname_completion'
#define enable_hostname_completion(on_or_off) 0

// /gnu/store/cq0cmv35s9dhilx14zaghlc08gpc0hwr-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a/lib/libc.a: error: 'sigprocmask' defined twice
#define HAVE_POSIX_SIGNALS 1
#define endpwent(x) 0
")
                        config.h)
               (close config.h))
             #t))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Let indicate me how to investigate, I have no clue. :-)

All the best,
simon

[1]:
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/release.org>
[2]: <http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-09-15.log#175141>
[3]
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/commencement.scm#n786>