Subject: [core-updates] Mesa test suite fails

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 09:53:43 -0400

Mesa fails to build on current core-updates:

starting phase `check'
[1/31] Generating git_sha1.h with a custom command
[1/2] Running all tests.
 1/94 mesa:util / drirc xml validation              OK             0.00s
 2/94 mesa:util / u_atomic                          OK             0.00s
 3/94 mesa:util / blob                              OK             0.00s
 4/94 mesa:util / rb_tree                           OK             0.00s
 5/94 mesa:util / roundeven                         OK             0.00s
 6/94 mesa:util / mesa-sha1                         OK             0.00s
 7/94 mesa:util / bitset                            OK             0.00s
 8/94 mesa:util / fast_idiv_by_const                OK             0.37s
 9/94 mesa:util / fast_urem_by_const                OK             0.02s
10/94 mesa:util / clear                             OK             0.00s
11/94 mesa:util / collision                         OK             0.00s
12/94 mesa:util / delete_and_lookup                 OK             0.00s
13/94 mesa:util / delete_management                 OK             0.00s
14/94 mesa:util / destroy_callback                  OK             0.00s
15/94 mesa:util / insert_and_lookup                 OK             0.00s
16/94 mesa:util / insert_many                       OK             0.00s
17/94 mesa:util / null_destroy                      OK             0.00s
18/94 mesa:util / random_entry                      OK             0.00s
19/94 mesa:util / remove_key                        OK             0.00s
20/94 mesa:util / remove_null                       OK             0.00s
21/94 mesa:util / replacement                       OK             0.00s
22/94 mesa:util / string_buffer                     OK             0.00s
23/94 mesa:util / timespec                          OK             0.00s
24/94 mesa:util / vma_random                        OK             0.00s
25/94 mesa:util / set                               OK             0.00s
26/94 mesa:util / sparse_array_multi_threaded       OK             0.37s
27/94 mesa:format / srgb                            OK             0.00s
28/94 mesa:format / u_format_test                   OK             0.01s
29/94 mesa:format / u_format_compatible_test        OK             0.00s
30/94 mesa:util / vector                            OK             0.00s
31/94 mesa:mapi / shared-glapi-test                 OK             0.00s
32/94 mesa:mapi / shared-glapi symbols check        OK             0.06s
33/94 mesa:mapi / es1-ABI-check                     OK             0.07s
34/94 mesa:mapi / es2-ABI-check                     OK             0.07s
35/94 mesa:compiler+nir / nir_builder               OK             0.00s
36/94 mesa:compiler+nir / nir_control_flow          OK             0.00s
37/94 mesa:compiler+nir / nir_vars                  OK             0.00s
38/94 mesa:compiler+nir / nir_algebraic_parser      OK             0.11s
39/94 mesa:compiler+nir / negative_equal            OK             0.00s
40/94 mesa:compiler+nir / comparison_pre            OK             0.00s
41/94 mesa:compiler+nir / load_store_vectorizer     OK             0.00s
42/94 mesa:compiler+nir / nir_serialize_test        OK             0.00s
43/94 mesa:compiler+glcpp / glcpp test (unix)       FAIL           0.17s (exit status 1)
44/94 mesa:compiler+glcpp / glcpp test (windows)    FAIL           0.17s (exit status 1)
45/94 mesa:compiler+glcpp / glcpp test (oldmac)     FAIL           0.17s (exit status 1)
46/94 mesa:compiler+glcpp / glcpp test (bizarro)    FAIL           0.17s (exit status 1)
47/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / cache_test               OK             0.02s
48/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / general_ir_test          OK             0.00s
49/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / uniform_initializer_test OK             0.00s
50/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / sampler_types_test       OK             0.00s
51/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / glsl compiler warnings   OK             0.22s
52/94 mesa:compiler+glsl / glsl optimization        OK             0.12s
53/94 mesa:amd / radv symbols check                 OK             0.07s
54/94 mesa:intel / gen_device_info_test             OK             0.00s
55/94 mesa:intel / isl_surf_get_image_offset        OK             0.00s
56/94 mesa:intel / genxml_test                      OK             0.00s
57/94 mesa:intel / fs_cmod_propagation              OK             0.00s
58/94 mesa:intel / fs_copy_propagation              OK             0.00s
59/94 mesa:intel / fs_saturate_propagation          OK             0.00s
60/94 mesa:intel / vf_float_conversions             OK             0.00s
61/94 mesa:intel / vec4_register_coalesce           OK             0.00s
62/94 mesa:intel / vec4_copy_propagation            OK             0.00s
63/94 mesa:intel / vec4_cmod_propagation            OK             0.00s
64/94 mesa:intel / vec4_dead_code_eliminate         OK             0.00s
65/94 mesa:intel / eu_compact                       OK             0.72s
66/94 mesa:intel / eu_validate                      OK             0.02s
67/94 mesa:intel / fs_scoreboard                    OK             0.00s
68/94 mesa:intel / anv symbols check                OK             0.07s
69/94 mesa:intel / anv_block_pool_no_free           OK             0.32s
70/94 mesa:intel / anv_block_pool_grow_first        OK             0.01s
71/94 mesa:intel / anv_state_pool_no_free           OK             0.17s
72/94 mesa:intel / anv_state_pool_free_list_only    OK             0.02s
73/94 mesa:intel / anv_state_pool                   OK             0.12s
74/94 mesa:intel / anv_state_pool_padding           OK             0.00s
75/94 mesa:mesa / main-test                         OK             0.00s
76/94 mesa:glx / dispatch-index-check               OK             0.03s
77/94 mesa:glx / glx-test                           OK             0.01s
78/94 mesa:gbm / gbm-symbols-check                  OK             0.06s
79/94 mesa:egl / egl-symbols-check                  OK             0.07s
80/94 mesa:egl / egl-entrypoint-check               OK             0.03s
81/94 mesa:llvmpipe / lp_test_format                OK             0.92s
82/94 mesa:llvmpipe / lp_test_arit                  OK             0.12s
83/94 mesa:llvmpipe / lp_test_blend                 OK             2.47s
84/94 mesa:llvmpipe / lp_test_conv                  OK             0.97s
85/94 mesa:llvmpipe / lp_test_printf                OK             0.02s
86/94 mesa:r300 / r300_compiler_test                OK             0.01s
87/94 mesa:virgl / virgl_staging_mgr                OK             0.00s
88/94 mesa:gallium / osmesa-render                  OK             0.03s
89/94 mesa:gallium / pipe_barrier_test              OK             0.92s
90/94 mesa:gallium / u_half_test                    OK             0.00s
91/94 mesa:gallium / u_prim_verts_test              OK             0.00s
92/94 mesa:st_mesa / st_format_test                 OK             0.01s
93/94 mesa:st_mesa / st_renumerate_test             OK             0.01s
94/94 mesa:st_mesa / st-array-merge-test            OK             0.01s

Ok:                 90  
Expected Fail:      0   
Fail:               4   
Unexpected Pass:    0   
Skipped:            0   
Timeout:            0

The failures all look like:

13:47:09
/gnu/store/igzg8z8m1skvhq2zdgpg5wcs62bc8lkf-python-3.8.2/bin/python3
/tmp/guix-build-mesa-20.0.8.drv-0/mesa-20.0.8/src/compiler/glsl/glcpp/tests/glcpp_test.py
src/compiler/glsl/glcpp/glcpp
/tmp/guix-build-mesa-20.0.8.drv-0/mesa-20.0.8/src/compiler/glsl/glcpp/tests
--unix
[...]
083-unterminated-if: PASS
084-unbalanced-parentheses: FAIL
085-incorrect-argument-count: PASS
[...]
--- stderr ---
--- 

+++ 

@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@

-0:2(8): preprocessor error: syntax error, unexpected end of file
+0:2(8): preprocessor error: syntax error, unexpected $end
 
-------

Maxim