Subject: bug#43420: closed (Re: bug#43420: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 18:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43420: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43420: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43420
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43420: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Mark H. Weaver" <[email-masked]>, GNU Debbugs <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 13:35:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 43420 + unreproducible
quit

Hi,

Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yeah probably, I just switched to pipewire

Alright, closing.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash
From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 07:16:25 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

So...playing a youtube video in icecat causes pulse to crash. You can
play one video and it works, but it crashes if you open another tab or
page with a video in it. Also skipping around the seekbar causes it to
crash.

bash-5.0$ pulseaudio
W: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not
provided by any .service files
E: [pulseaudio] module-stream-restore.c: Assertion
'pa_hashmap_put(u->dbus_entries, de->entry_name, de) == 0' failed at
modules/module-stream-restore.c:1406, function subscribe_callback().
Aborting.

Chromium and mpv do not cause pulse to crash.