Subject: bug#43420: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:09:09 -0400

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]> writes:
> Removing ~/.config/pulse fixed it,

That's good!

> I think because it removed a config file that was loading a couple of
> modules.

Can you verify that hypothesis by adding back the config file(s),
without any database files, restarting pulseaudio and trying again?  If
it crashes, please show us the exact contents of the config file(s) and
the pulseaudio output.

My hypothesis is that it was the database files in ~/.config/pulse/ that
caused the crash, in which case adding config files should not matter.

> Try this:
>
> 1. start JACK1
> 2. pulseaudio -L module-jack-source -L module-jack-sink
> 3. open icecat and mess around with the seekbar

How about you try it first?  Until my hypothesis is disproven, I would
prefer not to spend more time on this.

     Thanks,
       Mark