Subject: bug#43412: [FEATURE] autorevert-only-if-visible [PATCH]

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:07:02 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Boruch,

>> I haven't tested your patch, but I'm asking myself whether it cooperates
>> with autorevert triggered by file notifications.
>> ...
>> Have you tested this scenario?
>
> YES! In fact, that was a major motivation for the submission, and
> the primary method of testing it.
>
> Please do test the patch, and report back.

I see (still haven't tested, just reviewing). I don't understand yet,
why it is necessary to move "(setq auto-revert-notify-modified-p nil)"
into the "(when (and revert ..." form.

Furthermore, I see a problem to call auto-revert functionality in
files.el. autorevert.el is not dumped into the emacs binary. Wouldn't it
be better to add a function to find-file-hook? I understand the problem
with adding a newline at file end, but maybe this could be solved differently?

Best regards, Michael.