Subject: bug#43389: closed (Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43389: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43389
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 10:40:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> Eli, do you think it should go to `emacs-27`?
> Definitely, thanks.

OK, done.

Trevor: I marked this bug as closed under the assumption that this
problem is solved, but of course, if it re-occurs feel free to re-open
(ideally while running under GDB in a similar setup, so we get a clear
backtrace again ;-)

        Stefan

Subject: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 02:43:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

from time to time my Emacs' memory usage grows above 4 GB for no obvious
reason.  I didn't investigate when that happened so far, will do the
next time.

Anybody who sees the same problem is invited to provide details!

Thanks,

Michael.