Subject: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 01:33:17 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> [2020-11-09 23:47]:
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > So it seems to be our heap that takes most of the 5GB.
> 
> Today it happened again to me.  I'm writing from an Emacs session using
> more than 5 GB of memory.  I've started it some hours ago and have no
> clue why today had been special.  I didn't do anything exceptional.

I may confirm having similar issue.

It was happening regularly under EXWM. Memory get occupied more and
more and more until it does not go any more, swapping becomes tedious
and computer becomes non-responsive. Then I had to kill it. By using
symon-mode I could see swapping of 8 GB and more. My memory is 4 GB
plus 8 GB swap currently.

This similar condition takes place only after keeping Emacs long in
memory like maybe 5-8 hours.

After putting laptop to sleep it happens more often.

When I changed to IceWM this happened only once.