Subject: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:43:56 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> [2020-12-10 03:51]:
> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think we see different symptoms.  I don't see any slow-down at all
> > (unless swapping starts, obviously).  When I do M-x garbage-collect, it
> > finishes immediately without freeing an significant amount of memory.
> 
> I must correct myself.  While this all was definitely the case the last
> time I tried to investigate this issue (one or two months ago) the
> garbage-collect statement is not true anymore.  I did M-x
> garbage-collect today when the memory was getting short and then Emacs
> froze (in the sense of "didn't respond, even to C-g"), without gkrellm
> reporting much progress, so I killed it (after 20 seconds or so - aeons
> for a computer).
> 
> I did not experience a slowdown, however (maybe I've faster RAM?).

One time I waited for 36 minutes and it completed the garbage collection.