Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 09:30:54 +0300

I have finished one Emacs session over 2 days and 11 hours with some
differences in my behavior, and I have not observed no problem with
Emacs swapping hard or having memory problem that impacts my work. I
have not upgraded from git as well.

- while I did use helm mode in the sense to directly invoke it, I did
  not turn it on with helm-mode but some functions used helm
  indirectly. This is because it was said that helm could be
  problem. Now without using helm I did not encounter problem in by
  average longer time than before when I did encounter it.

- I have not used helm to install packages `helm-system-packages' what
  I often do

- my state for input-method before 1.5 days could not be switched back
  any more. C-\ did not work. Anything I would do the input method
  remained. This may or may not be related. To me it looks apparently
  related.

- symon-mode could not be turned off any more. It would say it is
  turned off but it was not. I think it runs with timer and something
  happened. It also looks related to this problem just by feeling. It
  may not be.

Because of not being able to change input method back to normal I have
to restart session.

I have sent one mtrace, there is no report, so I am not sending the
previous 2 mtraces which had the memory problem and swapping, that I
had to kill emacs. Once it becomes needed, I can send it.

I have mtrace for this session and I will send it when somebody tells
me it is needed.