Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time

From: Trevor Bentley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 18:31:47 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>  Thanks.  If they are like the one above, the allocations are 
>> due to some timer.  Could be jabber, I'll take a look at it. 
>> Or maybe helm-ff--cache-mode-refresh, whatever that is; need to 
>> look at Helm as well. 
> 
> Oops, I got this mixed up: the timer list is from Jean, but the 
> massif files are from Trevor. 
> 
> Trevor, can you show the list of timers running on your system? 

I use helm as well, emacs-slack sets a bunch of timers, and I have 
a custom treemacs-based UI for emacs-slack that also refreshes on 
a timer.  A typical timer list looks like this:

(list-timers) 
               0.2s            - thread-list--timer-func 5.0s 
               - undo-auto--boundary-timer 5.1s            - 
               slack-ws-ping 5.1s            - slack-ws-ping 5.1s 
               - slack-ws-ping 5.2s            - slack-ws-ping 
               5.2s            - slack-ws-ping 
              35.6s      1m 0.0s trev/slack--refresh-cache 
   *           0.5s            - #f(compiled-function () 
   #<bytecode 0x1b49fd33ce7c2899> [eldoc-mode global-eldoc-mode 
   eldoc--supported-p (debug error) 
   eldoc-print-current-symbol-info message "eldoc error: %s" nil]) 
   *           0.5s            t #f(compiled-function () 
   #<bytecode 0xbaac23f6e8899> [jit-lock--antiblink-grace-timer 
   jit-lock-context-fontify]) *           0.5s      :repeat 
   blink-cursor-start *           1.0s            - 
   helm-ff--cache-mode-refresh 

-Trevor