Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 21:20:42 +0200

> Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 17:54:36 +0100
> From: Russell Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> At one point I was watching htop and every time I switched to the
> Emacs window and returned to htop, I'd see it grow by several more MB
> over 3-5 seconds and then stop. So I left Emacs as the focused window
> overnight, and it grew from 4GB to 8GB.
> 
> In this instance, I had my cursor at the bottom of a saved Org file. I
> wasn't even actively typing or interacting with Emacs. I just grew
> each time it got window focus.

OK, so an idling Emacs with one focused frame gains about 0.5GB every
hour, would that be more or less accurate?

> Yes I have a few timers, but those trip at midnight. I call org-agenda
> and org-caldev-sync. I don't have any other timers that I know of.

Just so we have the hard evidence: could you please show the values of
timer-list and timer-idle-list on that system?

Thanks.