Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 20:18:17 +0300

* Arthur Miller <[email-masked]> [2020-11-24 12:27]:
> Yepp; but I am not on lts-kernel, that is probably why.

I think it is the other issue that you hve many packages, I also have
many for Gnome and KDE but do not get updates, maybe I use mirror that
is not updated. I will see that.

> > So you have Hyperbola and you get updates every day? How comes?
> No Hyperbola don't even know what distro it is; Just Arch Linux
> here.

Well then it is different thing. You are updating from different
repository than me.

> Harddrive is cheap nowdays. I have entire kde/gnome stack installed; and
> lots more. When I need to compile a library or application I don't want
> ot chase dependencies around. I just don't use them as desktops and
> don't run apps.  For example yesterday I was just able to git clone
> heaptrack and compile it, no headaches.

That is different OS and Hyperbola is different. Arch Linux has lax policy
against non-free software, while Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre has very
strict policy and does not allow anything non-free, that is reason I
am using it. It does not use systemd trap and is working stable.

Few times I got problem with building for example webkit, but
otherwise anything builds pretty well.

Hyperbola is independent project that receives little support, it
should receive so much more. They will also create new HyperbolaBSD
system that will move an OpenBSD kernel into GNU GPL direction.

Jean