Subject: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks using hard disk all time

From: Arthur Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 19:40:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 18:29:40 +0100
>> 
>> For me it happends like really, really fast. Things work normally, and
>> then suddenly everythign freezes, and after first freeze, it takes for
>> every to see result of any keypress. For example video in Firefox gets
>> slow down to like a frame per minut or so; I can see that system is
>> alive, but it is impossible to type something like (garbage-collect) and
>> see the result; I would be sitting here for a day :-). 
>
> That doesn't sound like a memory problem to me.
Ok; acknowledged; any idea what it could be? I have attached you a
syslog from one crash point, you can see Emacs is using almost 8gig or
RAM, but I have 32, so there is plenty of unused RAM over. Mayve Emacs
internal book keeping of memory? Number of pages? I have no idea myself,
sorry if I am not so helpful.