Subject: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Deus Max <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:19:29 +0200

On Thu, Nov 19 2020, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 11/18/20 1:27 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> If you asked Florian, then I agree that his data could be useful.  If
>>> you were asking me, then my data is not useful, because the footprint
>>> is reasonable and never goes up to gigabyte range.
>>
>> Yeah, the hard part here is capturing the actual problem.  I'm running
>> the latest Emacs too but haven't seen the growth.  Traces tend to be
>> more useful when the problem is reproducible in situ but really hard to
>> reproduce in a test environment.
>
> My commitment is this: If anyone can reproduce the problem with the tracer
> enabled then I will analyze the trace and produce a report for the person
> submitting the trace.
>

My emacs has been experiencing leaks and crashes very often. Both at
home and at work. This is very annoying. Can hear the fan, suddenly
"noising"-up or the keys not responding.... and oh-oh, that... here we
go again, feeling comes back.

If it is easy to provide instructions/recommendations on how to run
Emacs for producing a usefull trace report, I will be happy to do so.
Even to recompile as needed.