Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:34:32 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2020-11-19 17:05]:
> Thanks.  If you can afford it, would you please try using the malloc
> tracing tools pointed to here:
> 
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43389#158

I have built it. Slight problem is that I do not get any output as
written that I should get, something like this:

mtrace: writing to /tmp/mtrace.mtr.706

I do not see here:

LD_PRELOAD=./libmtrace.so ls
block_size_rss.c  INSTALL	mtrace.c      trace2wl.c	    trace_hist.sh
config.log	  libmtrace.so	mtrace.h      trace_allocs	    trace_plot.m
config.status	  LICENSES	README.md     trace_allocs.c	    trace_run
configure	  MAINTAINERS	sample.c      trace_analysis.sh     trace_run.c
configure.ac	  Makefile	statistics.c  trace_block_size_rss  trace_sample
COPYING		  Makefile.in	tests	      trace_dump	    trace_statistics
COPYING.LIB	  malloc.h	trace2wl      trace_dump.c          util.h

But I did get something in /tmp/mtrace.mtr.XXX

So I will run Emacs that way.