Subject: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 19:30:07 +0200

> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 17:19:21 +0100
> From: Russell Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> I'd be happy to run my Emacs with debugging to try and troubleshoot
> this memory leak since it has happened twice to me. I can't yet
> consistently reproduce it though. I think it's somewhere between helm
> or org-caldav or slime, being in daemon mode.
> 
> Can someone summarize what debug options I should run with, recompile
> with, etc to provide proper information for next time? I'd like to be
> able to make an effective report when it next occurs.

If you mean debug options for compiling Emacs, I don't think it
matters.

I suggest to try the tools pointed out here:

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43389#158

and when the issue happens, collect the data and ask here where and
how to upload it for analysis.

Thanks.

P.S. Please CC the other people I added to the CC line, as I don't
think they are subscribed to the bug list, and it is important for us
to keep them in the loop, so they could help us investigate this.