Subject: Re: bug#43389: 28.0.50; Emacs memory leaks

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 17:49:16 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Compliance!
>
>   (gdb) call (int)malloc_info (0, stdout)

I'm very sorry, but it's gone.

I used Magit in that session to show a log buffer.  That lead to memory
usage grow too much, and a daemon killed the session to avoid swapping.

Maybe the problem is even related to Magit usage.  But I had a second X
session running at that moment so there was a lot less memory left on
the system when that happened.

FWIW, the only "exceptional" thing that happened yesterday had been that
Gnus one time got stalled after starting.  That also can be totally
unrelated.

I'll try to start some timer that will report me live about heavily
growing memory usage so that I can recognize the problem directly when
it happens.

Regards,

Michael.