Subject: Re: bug#43386: 27.1; Regression in `report-emacs-bug'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 01:22:10 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>From emacs -Q, when I use C-c C-c to send a bug report, it used to just
> ask me how to send it, with "mail client" being the default.
>
> Now it asks me whether <my
> host>.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me is really my email
> address.  When I say no, it just ends the interaction.

It asks you to edit the From address, which you should do.  (But it
should place point on the From line instead of leaving it at the end of
the buffer; I've now fixed this on the trunk.)

> This is a regression.

Nope.

> What's more, after I edit that default From field to provide my email
> address, it asks whether I want to save this.  I answer yes, but it
> makes no difference.  Another M-x report-emacs-bug, at least in the
> same session, shows that it still uses that default From text.

It doesn't ask me that.  Perhaps you're thinking of the next question
you're getting -- which mail transport to use?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no